Zep or no Zep, November will be a rocktastic month
So Mr. R and I made it to the ballot for those precious, hugely overpriced Led Zeppelin reunion tickets. The two of us and half of the computer using world - it seems. Take that and the fact that we never win anything and I'd say our chances of becoming "successful applicants" are very slim.
But I will not be disappointed if we cannot go to the ball. I promise I won't be. Neither will I be prowling the black market in search of premium tickets - they are expensive enough at face value (£125 - shocking!).
Instead I shall be rocking out from other quarters. November will be a month so ripen with good gigs (see below) there'll be no time for brooding over the ticket lottery fiasco. And while we no longer have the opportunity to console ourselves with the Zeppelin-influenced sound of "The White Stripes" (they cancelled their Nov 2nd concert - Meg is unwell), we may witness Queens of the Stone Age - pure indie rock royalty - trying to outrock the Zep from just a few miles down the road. Bring on "Brixton vs. O2", what a showdown this will be!
Spoilt for gigs in London:
2, 3/11 - Super Furry Animals @ Roundhouse
5/11 - Siouxie Sioux @ Roundhouse
5/11 - Wilco @ Brixton
8, 9/11 - The Verve @Roundhouse
10/11 - British Sea Power @ Scala
15/11 - Air @ Hamm Apollo
15/11 - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club @ Roundhouse
15 , 16/11 - Stereophonics @ Wembley
17 , 18/11 - Foo Fighters @ O2
17, 18, 19/11 - Arcade Fire @ Ally Pally
22 , 23/11 - Amy Winehouse @ Brixton
23/ 11 - The Hives @ Hamm Apollo
26/11 - Led Zep @ O2
26/11 - QOTSA @ Brixton
29 , 30/11 - Interpol @ Ally Pally (sigh! What a perfect way to close the rockiest month of the year!)
But I will not be disappointed if we cannot go to the ball. I promise I won't be. Neither will I be prowling the black market in search of premium tickets - they are expensive enough at face value (£125 - shocking!).
Instead I shall be rocking out from other quarters. November will be a month so ripen with good gigs (see below) there'll be no time for brooding over the ticket lottery fiasco. And while we no longer have the opportunity to console ourselves with the Zeppelin-influenced sound of "The White Stripes" (they cancelled their Nov 2nd concert - Meg is unwell), we may witness Queens of the Stone Age - pure indie rock royalty - trying to outrock the Zep from just a few miles down the road. Bring on "Brixton vs. O2", what a showdown this will be!
Spoilt for gigs in London:
2, 3/11 - Super Furry Animals @ Roundhouse
5/11 - Siouxie Sioux @ Roundhouse
5/11 - Wilco @ Brixton
8, 9/11 - The Verve @Roundhouse
10/11 - British Sea Power @ Scala
15/11 - Air @ Hamm Apollo
15/11 - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club @ Roundhouse
15 , 16/11 - Stereophonics @ Wembley
17 , 18/11 - Foo Fighters @ O2
17, 18, 19/11 - Arcade Fire @ Ally Pally
22 , 23/11 - Amy Winehouse @ Brixton
23/ 11 - The Hives @ Hamm Apollo
26/11 - Led Zep @ O2
26/11 - QOTSA @ Brixton
29 , 30/11 - Interpol @ Ally Pally (sigh! What a perfect way to close the rockiest month of the year!)



5 comments:
Well, can't wait for some November winter rocking! Mr. R
Here, here, especially November 29&30!!
Are you guys planning on going to see either Wilco or BSP?
Wilco perhaps. Would love to see BSP but funnily enough we are going to the ballet that day (what a disparaging conflict of events)!
Man, you guys are soilt for choice! I am burning with envy here in the far east.
The other day, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs were here, but they were playing in an open festival in a park, close to the universities... I thought I was too old for that.
But I kept considering till last minute, just because I missi gigs...
p.s. please, don't mind my Chinglish...
Post a Comment