A few movie quotes on matters of the heart...
Cameron: I burn, I pine, I perish.
[Lucentio's line from The Taming of the Shrew
Act I Scene 1]
Michael: Of course you do.
[Lucentio's line from The Taming of the Shrew
Act I Scene 1]
Michael: Of course you do.

E. Edward Grey: Do you really wanna be my secretary?
Lee: Yes, I do.
E. Edward Grey: This isn't just about typos, tapes, staples and pencils, is it, Lee?
Lee: No, Sir.
E. Edward Grey: What?
Lee: No, Sir!

Clementine: I wish you'd stayed.
Joel: I wish I'd stayed, too. NOW I wish I'd stayed. I wish I'd done a lot of things. I wish I'd... I wish I'd stayed... I do.

Joel: I wish I'd stayed, too. NOW I wish I'd stayed. I wish I'd done a lot of things. I wish I'd... I wish I'd stayed... I do.

Evgeny Onegin: Can't you see where this leads? A declaration, a kiss, a wedding, family, obligation, boredom, adultery.

Celine: You can never replace anyone because everyone is made up of such beautiful specific details.
and also:
[last lines]
Celine: [dancing to Nina Simone song] Baby, you are gonna miss that plane.
Jesse: [with a knowing smile] I know.

Andie: Unattached?
Ben: Currently.
Andie: Likewise.
Ben: Surprising.
Andie: Psycho?
Ben: Rarely, Interested?
Andie: Perhaps.
Ben: Hungry?
Andie: Starving.
Ben: Leaving?
Andie: Now?
Ben: Currently.
Andie: Likewise.
Ben: Surprising.
Andie: Psycho?
Ben: Rarely, Interested?
Andie: Perhaps.
Ben: Hungry?
Andie: Starving.
Ben: Leaving?
Andie: Now?




7 comments:
Cliff Poncier... wow! I loved that film. I used to have it on VHS. A classic!
D.
Me too, me too!! I love Cliff's scenes with the Pearl Jam crew!
Silent Bob: ... She was the girl, I know that now. But I pushed her away...
[Silent Bob lights a cigarette]
Silent Bob: So I've spent every day since then chasing Amy..
Cool quote! I just realized that Silent Bob and Evgeny -you're too late- Onegin have a lot in common...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGKIIiDEB8o
Cliff Poncier... wow! Matt Dillon at his best. I still have that old VHS. Too bad I haven't got a VCR!
VHS? You should definitely get the DVD, it comes with deleted scenes... a few of which are actually interesting!
Post a Comment