Find that elusive post!

Get a search box for blogger by technojuice.blogspot.com

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Adieu Shipp's Tearooms



I had not returned to Shipp's Tearooms since that post about good value, informal tea houses a while ago, so last Thursday, finding myself in the vicinity of Borough Market and with a couple of hours to spare, I decided to treat myself to a cuppa and a cupcake. But once I got there I discovered they had ceased to trade because of problems with their lease. Nooooooo!!!

It is a great loss for the London tea circuit as I can't think of another establishment that is half as pretty and unique. The owners told me the idea for these tea rooms came out of a desire to put their extensive collection of antique tea sets and tea things in to good use. As they are now unable to continue trading, this entire collection of amazing hand painted tea sets, and all sorts of fine bone china and glass tableware must go. If you are into collecting teapots and tea cups, forget the Portobello market and head straight into this place. You won't be able to resist taking home a vintage tea cup or two.

For more information visit: www.shippstearooms.co.uk

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the heads-up on this selling off of goodies!! My UK visitors will like this info - thanks for sharing.

I have a 'thing' about Colclough and Royal Vale.

Great blog.

Peter

La Nouvelle Heloise said...

Thanks for your kind comment Peter. As for Colclough. Wow! You have just opened up a whole new world of research to me. Best, LNH