Coming soon: BBC's Sense and Sensibility
Another good reason to stay home in the UK during the holiday season: the BBC unveils on the first of January 2008 at 9.10 pm its new adaptation of Sense and Sensibility.
I am trying not to get my hopes up since this week's Time Out called it a weak effort in contrast with the 1995 Ang Lee/Emma Thompson version but the "short and sweet" preview below looks enticing.
Ultimately for me it all depends on how they flesh out (literally!) Colonel Brandon's repressed passion for Marianne Dashwood. I 'd like to see underdog Brandon get more screen time now that we have the luxury of 3 chapters. We shall soon find out...
I am trying not to get my hopes up since this week's Time Out called it a weak effort in contrast with the 1995 Ang Lee/Emma Thompson version but the "short and sweet" preview below looks enticing.
Ultimately for me it all depends on how they flesh out (literally!) Colonel Brandon's repressed passion for Marianne Dashwood. I 'd like to see underdog Brandon get more screen time now that we have the luxury of 3 chapters. We shall soon find out...
Lookie here too: Sense and Sensibility BBC website


No comments:
Post a Comment