Find that elusive post!

Get a search box for blogger by technojuice.blogspot.com

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Embracing Geekdom and Nerdiness in (almost) equal parts


Picture: Jane Austen Heroes T-Shirt, featuring (clockwise from top) - Mr. Darcy, Mr. Knightley, Edward Ferrars, Henry Tilney, Captain Wentworth and Edmund Bertram.
Source: http://www.cafepress.com


I swear my intention was to take the sophisticated and very proper "Classic Dames Test" which I had seen a while ago at Susan Hated Literature but then this other one sorta happened...

Your Score: Modern, Cool Nerd

52 % Nerd, 60% Geek, 30% Dork

For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.

A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.

"You scored better than half in Nerd and Geek, earning you the title of: Modern, Cool Nerd.

Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!

Congratulations!"


(errr... thanks?)


THE NERD? GEEK? OR DORK? TEST


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Pure nerd here...

Fence said...

"47 % Nerd, 60% Geek, 21% Dork"

La Nouvelle Heloise said...

Hi Joao,

Pure Nerd?! How did you pull that off? (although Mr. R won't be surprised when I tell him)

Hi Fence,

Which title did your score earn you? By the way, in the classic Dames test I scored "Myrna Loy", but I'd much rather be Norma Shearer!

Unknown said...

I think there might be something wrong with the test: according to it, I'm less of a dork than you are. And we both know this ain't the truth..

Roberto Pinho said...

Pure Nerd here:
91 % Nerd, 43% Geek, 30% Dork

D. said...

Modern, cool nerd here. 82 % Nerd, 56% Geek, 30% Dork.

La Nouvelle Heloise said...

Look at us, we're all a bunch of nerds over here (except for Fence who has the honor of being more of a geek)!

Aya Tanaka said...

Haha, did you ever doubt I'd be a "PURE NERD?" 82 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 30% Dork

Nerd pride!

La Nouvelle Heloise said...

Hey La Boudeuse,

Welcome to our club!!