May Day
Here's one I wrote to commemorate today:
City Dwellings
9 am on Monday morning,
Inner struggle and much yawning
As meetings lead to sheer frustration,
In thought I plan my next vacation
Sun, sea, nature, pure delight,
To save me from this laboring plight
Of contracts, shares, fees and Wall Street,
All of which just seem so bleak
When compared to ocean, canyon, forest and lake,
Oh quit bemoaning thy self-inflicted fate!

9 am on Monday morning,
Inner struggle and much yawning
As meetings lead to sheer frustration,
In thought I plan my next vacation
Sun, sea, nature, pure delight,
To save me from this laboring plight
Of contracts, shares, fees and Wall Street,
All of which just seem so bleak
When compared to ocean, canyon, forest and lake,
Oh quit bemoaning thy self-inflicted fate!




2 comments:
Dear NH,
3 days a week and you still complain???
I can't help it D.! It's part of the human condition never to be entirely satisfied...
Post a Comment